Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Our First Club Meeting

Hi Girls, welcome to "Girls Night In" Book & Wine Club . We welcome local and remote sisters from California, Texas, Florida and beyond........this is a place to relax with close friends with a glass of wine in one hand and a good book in the other. Cant get any better then that :)

Lets get this party Started~

What we need to do first is, pick one of the two books I have posted below. I would like this done by Friday August the 7th 2009, so please put your vote in at the poll. If I do not have an answer by Friday I will be obliged to pick the First Book.

Once it is chosen, I will provide a coupon for the book and post it on our blog to print. It would be most appreciated for you to bring the chosen book to our first club meeting.

I will be the host for our first "Girls Night In" we will have yummy treats to pair with the wine of the evening. We will then choose a new location for each meeting there after. We will have some meetings at a comfy wine bar, and at times we may meet at a local wine tasting event. Everything will be discussed and posted on our blog.

At our first meeting we will meet and greet, get the rules and questions answered. For the remote girls you'll be part of the club via Blog and Video phone the night of the meeting.

All books chosen will be of Good Taste. But please note, a few light romance scenes or light crime related stories might be in the books we choose. If this is something your uncomfortable with please let me know. We will never read a book that could offend one of our sisters or give anyone something to question our integrity.

This is a time to get together with our dear friends to bond and read books to uplift, put smiles on pretty faces.....make us giggle....move us to tears.... and the wine to comfort us :)

I look forward to seeing you all, I will post our first GNI Club Meeting Date By Monday August 3rd.

Cheers,

Jennifer

3 comments:

  1. Jennifer, count me in!I haven't put in a vote yet for the book - but I will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am signed in but can't vote on the voting poll - I would probably read both but if I have to pick one - I pick "The Help"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats Strange, I just put my vote in, try again :) But I have your vote for The Help :)

    ReplyDelete